Degree Programs for International Students
1. Application Qualifications
1) Applications are open to non-Chinese citizens who are at least 18 years old , in good health as well as hold a valid foreign passport.
Note: Since 2010, Ministry of Education has announced that international applicants must hold a valid foreign passport or certificate of nationality for 4 years or above, and provide the record indicating that the passport holder has actually lived overseas for more than 2 years in the last 4 years. More than nine months of residence abroad in a year will be considered as one year, which is subject to arrival and departure signatures. April 30 of every admission year will be the deadline for calculating the length of time.
2) Required Education Background
Undergraduate applicants must hold a high-school graduation diploma with sound academic reports.
Postgraduate applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or above.
PhD applicants must hold a Master’s degree or above.
Note：Applicants who are about to graduate must submit a certification of upcoming graduation for their application, and should also provide original graduation certificate upon registration, which otherwise will result in the denial of admission.
2. Application Period
March 1 to June 30 every year.
Note: Any application after deadline will not be accepted.
3. Application Procedures
1) Required application materials can be sent by mail, email or in person.
International Affairs Office, Room 221, Main Building
Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai
2 Wenhua West Road, Torch Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone, Weihai, Shandong, China 264209
2) All information will be sent via email. Whether application materials are qualified will be informed to applicants around 2 weeks after receiving these materials and admission results will be noticed to short-listed applicants after 4 to 7 weeks.
3) Admission Notice can be collected in person or sent by mail.
4. Application Materials
1) Application Form
2) CV in required format
3) Study Proposal in required format
4) The original or a photocopy of the applicant’s New HSK level 4 (or above) Certificate
5) The original or a photocopy of the applicant’s academic certificate. Applicants who are about to graduate shall apply with the certificate of upcoming graduation issued by his/her school or university and provide the high-school diploma upon registration.(Chinese or English)
6) The original copy of the applicant’s academic transcript(Chinese or English)
7) The original or a photocopy of health certificate
8) Sponsor’s Bank statement ( of more than USD 10000 deposit frozen for at least 3 months)
9) A copy of the applicant’s passport and visa
10) Four standard passport-sized photos
11) Application fee: RMB 400 yuan
Health certificate: Applicants can receive physical examination in Weihai or authemticate the medical report after coming to China. The place for physical examination and authentication is Weihai International Travel Health Care Center of CIQ in Weihai. Students who don’t pass the physical examination or don’t do it in accordance with relevant requirements will be sent home by the university.
l Check-up items: laboratory examination, caimedicine, surgery, ENT, electrocardiogram, B-ultrasonic, X-ray etc.
l Notes for physical examination:
1) Keep empty stomach in the morning
2) Carry 4 2-inch bareheaded color photos and passport
3) Fee: RMB500 yuan
l Notes for authentication:
1) Carry 3 standard passport-sized photos anjingd passport
2) Fee: RMB60 yuan
l Time: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. from Monday to Friday
l Time to collect the certificate: at 14:00 to 16:00 on the second working day after physical examination
l Transportation: The place is located at middle Daqing Road and 2 km to the east of Weihai coach station. If you come by air, take airport shuttle bus from the airport to the coach station and then tranfer to bus No.53; if you come by sea, take bus No.53 or No. 21 at Hualian bus station near the harbor.
Attached is the hospital list for physical examination designated by Chinese embassy in Korea.
All application materials shall be the original or scanned copies. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Incomplete materials will not be processed and all application materials will not be returned. The university will require applicants to provide additional materials if necessary. All information and materials provided must be true and accurate.
1）Application fee：RMB 400 yuan
Undergraduates：RMB 18000 yuan /year（RMB 16400 yuan/year for Chinese Languages and Literature Specialty， RMB 25000 yuan/year for the last 2 years of Software Specialty）
‚Postgraduates：RMB 28000 yuan /year
ƒPhD students：RMB 33000 yuan/year
3) Books: RMB 500 yuan/year (Fees are paid in advance; any overcharge will be returned and deficiency repaid.)
4）Accommodation (International students apartment): RMB 6000 yuan/year
5）Medical insurance premium：RMB 600 yuan/year
Note: According to the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, international students shall purchase the insurance provided by the insurance companies that are legally registered in Mainland China. Students can purchase at Registration Office on the date of registration. Any student without required medical insurance is not allowed to register.
6）Tuition and accommodation fees are subject to change.
6. Registration Time
Please register at due time stipulated on the Admission Notice. Early registration will not be processed.
7. Schools and Majors
School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering: Machine Design-Manufacturing and Automation, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
School of Automotive Engineering: Vehicle Engineering, Energy and Power Engineering, Transportation, Traffic Engineering
School of Marine Science and Technology: Environmental Engineering, Bio-engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Food Science and Engineering
School of Information and Electrical Engineering: Automation, Control Technology and Instruments, Electrical Engineering and Automation, Communications Engineering, Electronic Information Engineering, Electronics Science and Technology, Electromagnetic and Wireless Technology
School of Materials Science and Engineering: Welding Technology and Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Electronic Packaging Technology, Material Shaping and Control Engineering
School of Economics and Management: Accounting, International Economics and Trade, Business Administration, Financial Management, Marketing, Information Management and Information System
School of Computer Science and Technology(School of Software): Computer Science and Technology, Information Security, Software Engineering
School of Science: Information and Computing Science, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Opto-electronic Information Science and Technology
Department of Civil Engineering: Civil Engineering
School of Languages and Literature: English, Korean, Chinese Language and Literature
8. Visa Application
Applicants who have been enrolled should apply for the Student Visa via local Chinese embassies and consulates before coming to China. Documentations required for Student Visa application are the Admission Notice and Foreign Student Visa Application Form JW201 or JW202. Applicants with less than six months of study in China should apply for X2 visa. If the study period exceeds six months, the applicant have to apply for X1 visa. X1 visa holders shall apply for a Temporary Residence permit at International Affairs Office within 30 days upon entry into China.